Chicago Auto Accident Attorney
Small Firm Service
Advocating for Crash Victims in Illinois
The personal injury lawyers at Grazian & Volpe combine more than 75 years of experience with the personalized service that only a small law firm can give to ensure our clients recover emotionally, physically, and financially after motor vehicle accidents. Our top-rated trial lawyers have won millions of dollars in awards for injured victims throughout the state.
If you were injured or a loved one was injured or killed in an auto accident off of I-55, near Midway International Airport, in Chicago, Cicero, Oak Lawn, Berwyn, or elsewhere in Illinois, call the personal injury lawyers at Grazian & Volpe for a FREE, no-obligation consultation. 773-838-8100.
Car Accident Victims: Your Recovery Is Our #1 Priority
When you hire a traffic accident attorney at Grazian & Volpe in Chicago, your recovery is our law firm’s priority. Our injury lawyers understand the impact serious injuries can have on your home life, emotional well-being, and finances. While we can’t erase the pain, suffering, or trauma you’ve endured, our attorneys can help ease your discomfort. Unlike many injury law firms that put their own profits ahead of the well-being of their clients, our accident lawyers promise to put your best interests first. Our attorneys will:
- Help you obtain quality medical care.
- Answer your questions about your car accident injury claim.
- Investigate your motor vehicle crash.
- Identify all negligent entities.
- Negotiate with the insurance company.
- HELP YOU WIN.
Car Accident Victims Are Not in Good Hands with Insurance Companies
Illinois law gives injured people the right to recover damages from negligent parties who do them harm. Unfortunately, an insurance company’s version of fair compensation tends to be significantly less than what it takes to make accident victims whole. Their accident investigators, insurance adjusters, and representatives often employ shady, deceitful, and even unethical tactics to minimize injury claim payouts. To reduce the value of accident claims, insurance companies frequently:
- Sift through accident victims’ medical records to identify pre-existing conditions.
- Point fingers at innocent victims to deny liability for auto accidents.
- Highlight victims’ past accidents, injury claims, or even criminal histories to draw attention away from the severity of injuries.
- Request recorded or signed statements from accident victims to trick them into admitting fault.
- Misrepresent what the law or the insurance policy says.
- Coerce injured parties into accepting low settlement offers.
- Minimize the benefits of hiring car accident lawyers.
Fortunately, injured victims like you don’t have to face the insurance companies alone. Are you frustrated with how the insurance company is handling your car accident claim? Let the injury lawyers at Grazian & Volpe stop deceitful insurance representatives in their tracks.
Auto Accidents Are On the Rise in Illinois
If you were seriously injured in a car accident in Illinois, you’re not alone. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) reports that auto accident injuries are on the rise throughout the state. Despite initiatives including Life or Death Illinois, Start Seeing Motorcycles, Drive Sober or Get Puller Over, and Click It or Ticket:
- Over 300,000 motor vehicle accidents occur in Illinois every year
- Approximately 20% of the state’s car crashes result in serious injuries
- Annually, more than 900 auto accidents are fatal in Illinois
- Speeding is involved in 37.6% of injury accidents and 39.2% of fatality crashes
Types of Crashes Our Auto Accident Lawyers Handle
The injury attorneys at Grazian & Volpe handle a wide range of motor vehicle accident cases. These include, but are not limited to:
- Drunk-driving accidents
- Drugged-driving crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Distracted driving accidents
- Crashes caused by defective vehicle parts
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Wrong-way accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents on I-55 and other interstates
- T-bone and side-impact crashes
- Crashes near Chicago Midway International Airport
In Cook County, rear-end collisions are the most common type of auto accident, injuring approximately 9,000 people every year. Rear-end accidents also top the list in cities like Cicero, Berwyn, Oak Lawn, and Chicago.
What Is the Auto Accident Risk in Your Neighborhood?
Although motor vehicle accidents can happen virtually anywhere, the risk of crashes is especially high in some areas of Cook County. Some of the most dangerous areas to drive include:
- I-55: This major north-south interstate, also known as the Stevenson Expressway in Cook County, is heavily used by commuters in Illinois. Over 20,000 vehicles per day travel this highway. The expressway is the site of countless injury and fatality accidents every year.
- Stony Island Avenue at South Chicago Avenue: The six-lane, diagonal intersection is trafficked by approximately 70,000 motor vehicles each day. On average, 60 auto accidents happen here annually.
- 127th and Cicero Avenue: With 10 lanes of heavy traffic, a confusing layout, and motorists merging on and off Interstate 294, this stretch of road is one of the most dangerous in Chicago.
- I-294/Tri-State Tollway: On I-294 in Chicago, motorists share the roads with a large number of commercial trucks that travel long distances. As a result, Accident lawyers see a continuous stream of crashes caused by trucker fatigue, distracted driving, DUI, and wrecks involving overweight trucks and those with unbalanced loads.
- Harlem Ave and Archer Avenue: Despite the installation of Red Light Running (RLR) cameras at the intersection of Archer and Harlem, the area sees approximately 30 auto accidents each year.
- 95th St in Oak Lawn: 95th Street is a major highway that connects Chicago’s South Side with various suburbs. The intersection of 95th and Cicero Avenue is the site of countless auto accidents that cause serious injuries and fatalities each year.
How Our Traffic Accident Attorneys Maximize Your Injury Settlement
To maximize your injury award, our auto accident lawyers take a comprehensive approach when investigating car crashes. We make sure no evidence is left behind or destroyed and consider all contributing factors to help you make the most of your recovery. We will collect:
- The police report
- Photos and/or videos of the accident scene
- Photos of the motor vehicles involved
- Eyewitness statements
- Cellphone records
- EDR or “black box” information
- Your medical records
- Your wage information
- Information about defective car parts and recalls
- Expert opinions
This information and evidence will help us prove:
- Who or what caused your auto accident
- The parties who should be held accountable for your injuries
- How much your auto accident claim is worth
Frequently Asked Questions About Auto Accidents in Illinois
Our injury lawyers have the answers to the most frequently asked questions about auto accidents in Illinois.
- My financial resources are limited. How do I pay for an auto accident lawyer?
At Grazian & Volpe, our auto accident lawyers accept injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We deduct our attorney fees from the insurance check you receive when we win your case. If you don’t get paid, neither do we.
- What damages can I recover after a car accident?
In Illinois, car accident victims can recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- How much time do I have to file an injury lawsuit in Illinois?
Car accident victims have just 2 years from the date of the auto accident to file an injury lawsuit against the negligent party or the insurance company.
"John and Kurt were very helpful, informative, and were on top of everything with my case! They got back to me as soon as possible whenever I had questions. They helped me to understand everything that was going on. They did everything as quickly as they could and they are very professional! If there were six stars to rate they’d get SIX! Thanks to their team who made sure I got what I deserved!"