The Chicago Truck Accident Lawyers at the Lloyd Miller Law are on a never-ending quest to promote highway safety and awareness. Accidents involving commercial vehicles can be tragic and often fatal. We hope the second in a series blog will help entertain and educate about the facts and hazards of sharing the road with commercial vehicles.
Of the 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths each year – 9% involve commercial vehicles. Remember, this statistic is for deaths only – truck accidents involving serious personal injury are not included;
- There are nearly 500,000 truck accidents each year
- More than 4% of truck accident fatalities involve truck driver fatigue
- Nearly 5000 people are killed each year in a truck accident. Nearly 98% of the time, the drivers of the other vehicle are killed.
- 68% of truck accidents occur in rural accidents and 68% during the daytime. 78% occur on the weekends.
- Someone is killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes!
The Chicago Truck Accident Lawyers at the Lloyd Miller Law hope that all drivers remain rested, cautious and aware at all times. It is not just you, but those with whom you share our roads and highways.